text_decrease text_normal text_increase

Swachh Bharat Mission-Gramin:-  Haryana State Swachh Bharat Mission Society has been registered under the aegis of Development & Panchayats Department for successful implementation of Swachh Bharat Mission-Gramin in the rural areas. The programme is being implemented in the ratio of 60:40 between Central and State Government. The main objective of SBM-G is to bring about an improvement in the general quality of life in the rural areas, by promoting cleanliness, hygiene and eliminating open defecation.

Now, the Govt. of India, Ministry of Jal Shakti has launched SBM-G Phase-II which will be implemented from 2020-21 to 2024-25. The key objective of SBM-G Phase-II is to sustain the ODF status of villages and improve the levels of cleanliness in rural areas through solid and liquid waste management activities, making villages ODF Plus. Incentive of Rs.12,000/- for construction of Individual Household Latrines will be continued to the new eligible households [all Below Poverty Line (BPL) households and identified Above Poverty Line (APL) households (viz. Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribes, Small and Marginal Farmers, Landless Labourers with Homestead, Physically Handicapped, and Women headed households)]. The fund sharing pattern between Centre and State will be 60:40. All the new but ineligible (APL) households are to be encouraged to construct IHHL from their own resources. The Plastic Waste Management & Faecal Sludge Management has also been added as component of SBM-G Phase-II.

A total no. of 632203 Individual Household Latrines have been constructed during the period of present Government and Haryana State had declared Open Defecation Free on 22-06-2017.

Solid Waste and Grey Water Management: - The provision of funds for these projects is based on the population of a village. The funds for a village having population up to 5000 is Rs. 60/- per capita for Solid Waste management and Rs. 280/- per capita for Grey water management are permissible under SBM-G Phase-II. Similarly, the villages having population more than 5000, Rs. 45/- per capita for Solid Waste Management & Rs. 660/- per capita for Grey Water Management. However, 30% share will be borne by GPs from their 15th Finance Commission grants. Remaining 70% will be met from SBM (G) Phase-II funds in the ratio of 60:40 between Centre and State. A total no. of 1542 Solid Waste Management and 1807 Liquid Waste Management projects amounting to Rs. 663.20 crore have been sanctioned in the State so far. Out of these projects, 798 Solid Waste Management projects have been completed and 169 are in progress. Similarly, 555 Liquid Waste Management Projects have been completed and 465 are in progress. The funds amounting to Rs. 371.80 crore has been released.

Open Defecation Free Panchayats:- Haryana State had achieved the status of ODF on 22-06-2017. Now the focus of Swachh Bharat Mission (Gramin is on sustainability of ODF and Solid and Liquid Waste Management

Swachh Survekshan Gramin-2019:- Haryana State has achieved 2nd rank in the Country and top in the North India in Swachh Survekshan Gramin-2019 conducted by Government of India. District Faridabad and Rewari have achieved 2nd and 3rd rank respectively in the Country.

Gandagi Mukt Bharat Mission:- From 8th August 2020 to 15th August 2020 Gandagi Mukt Bharat Mission was implemented in India. On the occassion of Rastrapita Mahatma Gandhi 151th Birth anniversary dated 2nd October 2020 and on the occasion of Swach Bharat Diwas Central Department of Drinking water and Sanitation Jal Shakti Ministry has awarded Haryana state the 1st Prize for having Maximum villages under ODF Plus category.